PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Andy Hill interviewed
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2015, 20:50
Alber Ratman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your statement.. "It is vital that the black and white attitude to shelf life is not taken and the date on the packet is viewed in the light of current operational conditions as this can move the date in either direction to ensure reliable performance."

Think the CAA will disagree with you there. If I knowingly fitted out of date components and certified the CRS, my company management and quality would take a dim view on it indeed. There is no way that Martin Baker agree to cartridge extensions, never did with air force equipment unless in exceptional circumstances. The David Stock death in ZU-BEX was due to out of date cartridges not functioning correctly. I would seriously doubt that MB would consider extensions for any British civil seat or give the CAA formal OEM approval to issue variations for that reason alone, not worth their corporate image or reputation. All I will say now on the matter, if you disagree, so be it, everyone has an opinion.

Anyway the CAA no doubts will examine all the details and make changes to CAPS and BCARs if they see fit.

Last edited by Alber Ratman; 29th Dec 2015 at 21:23.