PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Airlines plane starts flying in the wrong direction
Old 29th Dec 2015, 16:02
Spooky 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well actually you're correct as I'm should be working on a project but let me familiarize you with some facts.

No operator had a greater loss rate on the 707 than Pan Am. There was a reason for that.

After the summer of 1987 at Delta they pulled their heads out of their arses and started doing things by the book and slowly but surely they got their act together, before Pan Am arrived on the scene. The Pan Am pilots were very good but they did not assume management positions for the most part that let them make changes. As far as I could tell Pan Am and Delta used pretty much identical procedures. It was transparent... for the most part.

I have worked for both airlines in the past so I have more than a casual interest in this subject.

I'm sure you will have something to add to this and I appreciate your point of view so don't go off on me with stuff that you might not have as much knowledge about as I do.

Was wondering if you were once a FTL pilot?

Last edited by Spooky 2; 29th Dec 2015 at 17:37.