PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZ CAA prosecuting 'rescue' pilot
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2015, 11:13
Kiwi500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sid, I hear what you are saying but as I said....it's all about calculated risk, something you and Crab should supposedly know about.
And we don't have orphanages down here....you might be showing your age.

And Crab, this is fantastic news that despite the reported economic peril of motherland.....this disaster has been completely sorted by fantastic resourcing of properly trained people and decent equipment. Obviously not a spontaneous volunteer utilised anywhere by the nanny state, because they couldn't possibly be fully trained, the pool of fully trained experts on standby must be enormous. I'm slightly bemused because by the accounts of some of your own bobbies their stunning training budgets must have been siphoned off to the fully trained flood expert funding.
As most readers here would have guessed my comments are somewhat tongue in cheek but with an undertone of real world experience. Let's just agree that it requires different strokes for different folks/demographics and if any good can be achieved without harm to others it's a happy day.
What does give me a giggle is that between 2 posters here there are about 10,000 posts, I'm surprised that anyone(s) with that much spare keyboard time actually has the time to consider burning some fuel....or saving anyone.
Understand that in little old NZ ability does not always come on the form of a flash flight suit, a uniform or a cheesecutter and creavet.