PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mismanagement of automation
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2015, 14:47
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
So what you are saying is the training given in the civilian sector has been pared to the bone to reduce costs (and therefore keep HC happy) yet is not actually fit for purpose.

The training in the military is far too extensive and therefore far too expensive (according to HC) and dares to produce people who can actually fly the aircraft quite well, with or without automation and who then have the audacity to question the other training ideas.

I am sure there is a happy medium but those of us who enjoyed a thorough and extensive training in varied military roles (rather than A to B and back again straight and level) both in the real aircraft and simulators will continue to wonder at where the civil aviation system is heading - fully automated aircraft with no pilots at all would seem to be the logical extension of the argument.

Let's hope not
Why not put your money where your fingers are and set up your own CAT undertaking - with lots of training of course. Then you can be the safest operator - for a few weeks until you go bust!

As to your "wonder", why not consider contributing something useful to this thread. I wouldn't go so far as to say civvy training isn't fit for purpose but of course it needs to evolve as the helicopters evolve,and it's certainly lagging behind at the moment. But I suspect you will be too busy telling us how wonderful it was in the mil to actually contribute anything useful and practicable. Please prove me wrong.