PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow T4 a/c congestion
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2003, 00:56
lloyd christmas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If there are T4 stand allocators reading this, I'm certain your job is very difficult, but you need to be talking to your managers 'cos it ain't workin'.

They brought in stands 429 - 432 in the recent past and we were told it would ease congestion, but if it has done I look like a young Alf Roberts.

Gonzo, you say you get a pat on the back by our unit managers for dealing with remote holders...REALLY? I must be doing something wrong or not mixing in the right circles.

By the way, I would like to praise the professionalism of the BA crews (and KLM, LAJ, ALK for that matter). It must be very difficult to spend all that time flying and then get on the ground and wait up to an hour to get on the gate. God only knows what you tell the passengers...but I very rarely hear any adverse comments from the crew on the RT. Believe me, people like Gonzo and Point 7 do try and get you to your gate as quick as poss, but sometimes its asking an awful lot.

Just out of interest, are there any other airports in the world, where you can expect to wait so long for a gate in normal circumstances???