PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Use of oxygen when one pilot is on break
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2015, 09:38
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RAT 5
To those who say the quite regularly deploy the O2 max and re-stow it; I salute you. It has never been a teaching point in nay of my TR courses. I learnt how to do it using initiative & an engineer. IMHO a quick poll of those who know how to re-stow an O2 mask would show a very small %. Surely, if there is a need to use and re-stow then crews should be instructed how to do so.
I suppose that I should clarify that I'm dealing with a little different setup than the Boeing and Airbus masks. The masks, together with the coiled hose is hung from the cockpit sidewall from a quick release loop, so everything is exposed and subject to getting knocked around by flight bags or the odd foot. And being out in the open the mask is subject to catching debris, such as the aforementioned spilled coffee. re-stowing the deal isn't really a maintenance procedure, more a matter of hanging the hose so the loops aren't twisted, and won't turn into a bird's nest if the mask is grabbed in a hurry. Although, apparently, some of my co-workers can;t figure that out out, or can't be bothered.