PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations for developing effective SOPs
Old 27th Dec 2015, 16:20
denokan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommendations for developing effective SOPs

Dear colleagues!

My name is Denis Okan, I am B737 CFI/TRE flying for S7 Airlines in Russia.

If nobody minds I would like to introduce a project of an advisory circular which has been created in ICAO workgroup.

The document provides recommendations to operators how to develop, implement and mantain SOPs in order to be effective. It encourages the importance of SOPs as a provider of effective X-Check and gives the needed explanation. It provides a standard SOP template (very similar to the FAA SOPs AC 2002, which has been used as a guide to create the doc). It contains several SOPs examples, e.g. Stabilized Approach or Briefings.

Finally it gives the modern view on how to create the best readability (and usability) for the end users - pilots.

It it still under development, though is very ready for the first release. It was introduced on the ICAO IERST 07 conference which was held in October, in Paris.

I will be very glad if recieve some comments and/or suggestions /corrections from your points of view.

This is a traslation into English (the doc has been created in Russia) done by myself (as the leader of the project). Engish is not my native language, so, you may help me finding out mistakes.

You may download the doc from the Google disc

In order to understand the prehistory of the doc may be you want to read my text for the ICAO presentation

FLY SAFE!