PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HOPES AND WISHES FOR 2016
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2015, 21:25
Lima Juliet

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts
Downsizer

Have a read of this, which saw the SoS admit that the Capita processing wasn't working well: IT Systems (Army Recruitment): 14 Jan 2014: House of Commons debates - TheyWorkForYou

The IT system to which they refer was letting down a guy I know who applied to join the RAuxAF no less than 4 times in 2015 and then he just gave up. He then got a call in October (about 5 months after his last application and about 9 months after his first!) asking him if he was still interested and would he like to apply again?!! You can imagine his response!

So Capita very definately have something to do with processing as it is their system that was asked for, paid for and used. Also, they administer it as far as I know? If it takes 5 applications to get one guy through the door then we have truly blown it!

Finally, 92% during a period where youth unemployment rates are historically high is nothing to boast about in my humble opinion. We she should be at 100% and turning them away!

Maybe I gave the wrong impression in my clumsy use of 'recruiting processing' but it was the best way I could think of backing up my original suggestion of cessation of the use of contractors. In my many years of Service I have seen more and more bungles from contractors - ranging from getting 'full and free' in a Jet Provost with a hammer, to air-chiselling wing bolts out of Tonka wings and writing off two dozen expensive jets, to 'pay as you starve', to poor recruiting performance, to (un) cleaning contracts. It's not their fault, they are a business trying to provide a service - but they will do it as poorly as they can get away with it and take our money. They will claim 'pride' in their connection with the military when they secretly make as much 'profit' as they can get away with.

So I stand by my original point number 4.

LJ