PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HOPES AND WISHES FOR 2016
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2015, 18:17
downsizer

Received 118 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Leon Jabachjabicz
Downsizer

I'm 99.999999% sure that Capita do our recruiting processing amd entry medicals for us?
See link:Defence

I'm also 99.99999% sure that we have not made the required recruit numbers processed and delivered for Pre-BRTC, BRTC and possibly IOT?

I'll gladly back down if you can fill in the 0.000001% that I'm missing. However, if I'm right then I suspect that SDSR2015 will be a spectacular failure for us as we fail to get the new people in to operate the lovely new kit we're being bought. Last numbers I heard are that we need nearly 4,000 people into the RAF alone to get the right people for the new kit - at present we struggle around the 2,000 mark. Furthermore, with an ongoing plan to centralise RAF recruit training at Cranwell, then we put an existing and proven manning pipeline at risk - sound familiar? Just look at what we have done to our flying training system which was once the envy of the world!

IMHO of course

LJ
Leon

Capita do no recruitment processing for the RAF or RN. It is all handled by blue suits.

They do provide medicals, mea culpa on that, but that is their only involvement in our recruiting.

ITT is predicted at about 92% for this year, with some branches and trades much harder to fill than others. 92%ish historically isn't that bad and is miles ahead of the Army who do rely on Capita enormously.

Next years ITT will certainly be more challenging but recruiting is getting a significant uplift in service manning so time will tell.