PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Captain attacked at home in Jumeirah
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2015, 08:07
Jumeirah James

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gents,

I think we are failing to completely grasp the seriousness of this and other situations like this. Advice from the Company Security department is not enough. We all have a responsibility to secure our homes, but ultimately so does Emirates. They invited us here, encouraged us to bring our families under the auspices that everything is safe and secure. Yet over the years, attempted child abductions and burglaries have increased to the point that the recent situation could have resulted in the death of a colleague. Thankfully that wasn't the case.

But what if he hadn't walked in at that moment and disturbed the burglar? What intent did this burglar have? Who said he was just a burglar? Most of us have a Wife and family. I'm not trying to scaremonger anyone but I've seen the photos of the attack on R and they are totally shocking. It has really made me think and indeed worry if we are really happy leaving our families for days on end to the 'safety of Dubai' without extra measures?

I personally think Emirates need to actually do more to make us and our families safer in our villas. I for one will be writing to HH and STC for the implementation of physical measures and not just fluffy advice and emails attempting to assure us all is well. It obviously isn't!