PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberal Party wins, Bombardier wins
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2015, 16:21
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't recall City Jet dealing with Bombardier regarding CRJs. They may have gotten them elsewhere (current or past owner, maybe?). I'll have to look into that. The C series, I believe is what they were originally interested in. I doubt a "package" is anything more than a suggestion by the author of the Bloomberg article.
Fuel burns on shorter legs with the CSeries are incredible not to mention lower charges for landing fees compared to A & B, etc. There shouldn't be much difference between fuel burn on an equivalent CRJ sector compared to th C.
The C series isn't certified for steep approaches yet and a company like City Jet might have to wait too long for a C series to fit into their business plan.

The bottom line for bean counters is the ROI. They need something in service or investors get nervous. If money were no object, no one would buy the Super Jet if they could get a C Series. I recommend you take a close look at the SJ then go look at a C series. If you know anything about quality of investment the SJ won't even be in the conversation.

MRJ now officially delayed 3 and a half years. Oh oh. Mitsubishi in danger of going out of business?? Let's see what the experts say. Personally, I doubt it.

Season' Greetings
Willie