PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Andy Hill interviewed
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2015, 18:37
Pittsextra

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Isn't this:-

Originally Posted by PittsExtra
...no other conclusive technical issues have been found to date.
and this

Originally Posted by APG63
The investigation needs to complete enough in the area concerned to be able to draw conclusions.
Similar/same?!?

It certainly does not follow that no other "conclusive technical issues" have been found to date. For example, stating that an accident occurred because the engine failed is not particularly useful if the cause(s) of the engine failure, subsequent drills and means of mitigating the same or similar failures in the future are still being identified.
This point ignores (for example) this interim bulletin for G-SPAO

https://assets.digital.cabinet-offic...014_G-SPAO.pdf

I refer you to the final page under the heading "ongoing investigation".

Now of course it assumes there is some element of consistency in all of these reports and methodology (is that an unreasonable assumption?).
When you say

Let me be specific. There are other lines of developed enquiry. They will not be reported upon until necessary or until they are sufficiently mature.
You don't see the words developed and maturity two different words for the same thing? I guess in any event the lines are not developed enough to have a strong opinion.

The CAA has not received criticism in the report.
I didn't say that it had. My comments were merely reflecting upon the two communique within 24hrs which at best seemed uncoordinated. I'm sure you don't agree.

CM - Since when can't someone hold a view on an internet forum? You'd be surprised wouldn't you if you agree with everything everyone wrote on here, it would certainly make for very short posts.

As for the accident threads I've posted on. I'm fairly sure if you have nothing better to do that stalk others posts then a vast number of people have posts on all kinds of accident threads, after all they grab attention and unsurprisingly people will have a view. As it happens the North Sea helicopter accidents were near the bone as a good friend was affected. The London heli accident was within walking distance to my London apartment and G-LBAL seemed similar human factors.

G-SPAO is just an incredulous situation as was Blackbushe, as well as a local airfield.

I didn't comment upon the A400M accident merely posting a professional news feed I have access to and was actually trying to be helpful and the remainder related to this accident. I'm not sure what mystery that unveils.

If you take the Austrian airshow pilot accident for some reason nobody raised an eyebrow when human factors got raised, perhaps he was viewed as a recreational wannabe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZgns7CXeUI