PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 24th Dec 2015, 17:48
PashaF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PashaF, your offer to translate is very kind, thank you. The letter from the MAK/IAC can be seen on the AvHerald website at News: Russia suspends airworthiness certification for Boeing 737s, but does not prohibit operation of 737s. Would it be possible to translate this letter?

Amidst the disagreements between agencies, I think it would be helpful to know the exactly how the elevators or the pitch control system malfunctioned. (to be clear, I don't expect the MAK/IAC letter will explain the malfunction - for those not reading Russian it would be interesting to know what it states).
The letter you linked is just formal notification. I was talking about 14 pages document - "special opinion of rosaviation investigation member" at Mak-iac.org. It published with final report.

It is a lot there, mostly focused around hydraulic piston conditions.

Hmm. I have an idea. You can read official Boeing response to technical part here http://mak-iac.org/upload/iblock/8dc...0%B8%D0%B8.pdf

If you interested in pilot behavior analysis it focus on the monotonous force applied to the column according to the official report. Practically, pilots have to put 80 pounds efforts in -1g situation to do provide such input.

Last edited by PashaF; 24th Dec 2015 at 18:04.