PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drones threatening commercial a/c?
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2015, 03:50
Tourist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RAT 5
Tourist: I'm not concentrating on 'regulated' drones & 'regulated' operators: I'm concentrating on being able to identify who owned the drone that causes damage or worse.I'm talking about registration. That does not mean their use is restricted in any unreasonable manner; it just means you know which muppets are using them after they've crashed & burned somewhere they shouldn't.
So let me get this straight.

Despite the fact that no drone has yet caused any of the predicted deaths despite millions being operated by morons all over the planet, you are planning ahead for the scenario of not being able to work out who caused the problem despite the fact that finding the culprit has not yet been a problem with any of the drones that have strayed so far?

I bet your pre take-off briefs last for aaaaages......

Originally Posted by RAT 5

I don't think you can react in a 'knee jerk' manner before anything has happened: by definition. Being proactive, after sensible considerations about possibilities, is something quite different.

"Sensible considerations about possibilities"

That is the bit where you are supposed to do a risk assessment based upon actual empirical data rather than preconceptions and fear of change.

Drones are ubiquitous and have caused zero accidents.
In the same period airliners have crashed for a dizzying range of reasons which many on here should be stressed about, but you worry about drones?!

One of the first signs of people operating beyond their capabilities in a cockpit is inappropriate focus on minutia rather than correct prioritisation.......