PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Robinson R66 Assembling | Video
Old 23rd Dec 2015, 16:35
An_engineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear

Oh Dear Thomas Coupling and AS365N4. You really are full of it. Not sure if its ignorance or arrogance clouding your judgement on this one. What is it exactly that you fly? and do you think it was actually assembled by robots in some sort of biochemical lab room?

I've seen many types of aircraft delivered new from the factory off the back of a truck with a crane. I've seen many more recovered from a field using the same method, with pin point precision. Just because you've not seen it before, doesn't mean it is unsafe, or that the practice is deplorable. (It may surprise/disgust you that there are several professional companies operating within the UK itself that collude in this sort of behaviour as well!)

On the subject of jackets and woolly hats; have you ever stepped foot on a hangar floor in the UK after the doors have been opened? It tends to stay quite chilly for a good time afterwards. These lads in Kiev would probably rather keep themselves warm than burn heating fuel out through the roof. What nonsense.

The suggestion of sterile environments, jigs and laser aligning is just laughable. You are aware that this aircraft was flying around in Torrance, CA a few weeks earlier aren't you? It is disassembled in its most simplest form, packed for transport, before being put back together again. This is not the final assembly line we are looking at here.

AS365N4, I'd say that list you described probably got left on the cutting room floor. Just because its not in the video, doesn't mean it didn't happen. To suggest it didn't happen at all is slightly idiotic, wouldn't you agree?

Didn't catch the bit where glue was applied with a big hammer either, maybe you can enlighten me where that bit was.

Merry Christmas!