PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 8
Thread: Flybe - 8
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2015, 07:55
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flitefome: That is utter rubbish. At the very least it's pure speculation. I really am astounded by the blind lunacy displayed on here by people talking about BOH. Not a single airline no matter what their business model has ever managed to make a substantial year round base work. BE have had a large and successful base at SOU for over 10 years and there is a reason for that. Ignoring the fact it frequently wins awards for being so user friendly (almost always voted by the people that matter I.e the passengers) it has numerous USP's least of all being the cruise capital of Northern Europe and having a uni that attracts many thousands of Asian students. This equals to a word called "yield". A word conviently ignored by BOH lovers. Your claim numbers were similar to those on SOU's is garbage. The reason they went to BOH is the same reason they opened bases at CWL and DSA because the new management would fly from the North Pole if the landing strip were so desperate they would charge BE nothing for the privilege. The fact that BE still couldn't make BOH work under these terms is the final nail in the coffin for me. This country needs houses more than it does unwanted airports.