PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 23rd Dec 2015, 03:57
vira

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hello Fujii,

Thank you for pointing out the hilarious spelling error . It gave me a good laugh!
Yes we all have slip-ups from time to time. Who honestly hasn’t accidentally hit two 0’s when typing lose.

I find the comment’s quite funny though. Please remember that this is a forum not a 200 page thesis, 60 page monthly safety report, Operations Manual, Procedures Manual, Safety Manual or any number of documents that I have provided CASA, ATSB and/or Airline safety personnel.

Yes, I am already in the aviation industry .

Although you hold a very valid comment regarding grammar, spelling and punctuation , especially in important documents, you need to remember that you would always re-read the document to ensure its accuracy. I believe this is called proofreading a document .

If you get to the stage of proofreading a post on a forum, you really need to consider two things.

1) You are taking the forum way to literally.
2) You really need to find something better to do with your time.

As for my previous post, short hand was used intentionally. This includes but is not limited to Feb and Invite. I guess my point is that appropriateness needs to be considered not just in regards to future work where proofreading is imperative, but also when singling out people (even though trying to cover it with a generalisation) who have obviously and intentionally used short hand on an appropriate media forum.

And no I’m not going to proofread this post. I have better things to do with my time