PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Airline Meal
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2015, 13:49
Mr Mac

Received 168 Likes on 103 Posts
PaxBoy
Got to agree with you being paid to travel is a perk, and more so if you are lucky enough to be able to do it by turning left on entrance. Memorable meals would be BA / BMI in the 80,s , BOAC / BEA flights in the 60,s with parents, and the long BCAL flights back to London from Santiago to and from school. That was like a Well's Fargo Stage coach stopping everywhere, although I remember the food being quite good (after school food anyway), and a naughty stewardess called Rachel who introduced me to the delights of wine and Chivas Regal - I was only 13 ! More recently it has been EK/SQ/LUFTY long haul for me, and all have at times produced very good meals, some even quite memorable (EK Roast Duck into HK a couple of years ago was better than the Peninsular Hotels offering later in the same trip !). Lufty Beef out of Tokyo last spring was also very good. I have noticed however that standards are dropping even with these 3 in small ways, EK what happened to the pre dinner canapés in Business ? However overall for me, a G&T and good seat, and a view of a fantastic sunset or sunrise beats the meal anytime !

Compliments of the Season to the cabin

Cheers
Mr Mac