PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL(H), IR(H) to ATPL(A) Theoretical Knowledge
Old 22nd Dec 2015, 08:19
jet88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks very much for the replies and info.

Ersa – I totally agree – I do not hold an ATPL(H) but the only thing from stopping me holding an ATPL(H) (and avoiding 9 of the 14 exams) is the skills test which would cost me £6000 ish – I have the rest of the flying hours / MCC from mil flying - but not £6000 lying under my bed!

Misterbonkers – Thanks – I’ve seen this reference to JAR Amendment 3 in other threads – I can’t find any reference to it on my old JAA CPL(H) licence but the exams were done in October 2010 with the CPL(H) licence opened in November 2010 – does this make it Amend 3 or is the only way to check with the CAA?

The IR(H) was done in 2014 – theory credits kept valid from 2010 by mil flying which, as I understand, now locks in the ATPL theory credits for 7 years.

FloaterNW – Only have AS355 on licence from type and instrument rating from 2014. ATPL(H) flying hours / crew requirements fulfilled by mil flying but the helicopter type is not recognized by CAA to be entered on an EASA licence – hence requirement only to do ATPL(H) skills test to open and hold an ATPL(H) licence.

GipsyMagpie – Thanks for the info – What was the final answer with regards to IR(H) validity for your training route of IR then CPL?