PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 22nd Dec 2015, 03:22
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PrivtPilotRadarTech
If that doesn't work, the computer should say "My aircraft." And take control, wings level, AOA and thrust to a standard level.
Then what happen next time there is a false stall warning on take off due to a damaged AoA probe ...
More automation is certainly not the solution, I prefer your suggestion for more training.

Originally Posted by EMIT
Yeah, surely, interconnecting side sticks and providing stick shakers or haptic buzzers on them is gonna save Airbusses from pilots stalling them.
If both guys agree to pull the yokes or one guy is lost enough to let the other one to pull his yoke, there's not much we can do, but in both cases for AF and AIrAsia the PM had no idea what the PF was doing with his sidestick and knowing how that sidestick was commanded could have been a tremendous piece of information to help him to understand the situation.
Yokes or at least coupled sidekicks provide information that independent side sticks do not.

Originally Posted by FDMII
In AF447, the THS was driven full NU and remained there because of full-up stick inputs. If the stick had been placed full-forward, the THS would follow-up and return close to a neutral setting.
My question is why Airbus made an automatic operation on that THS to help the guys to set the airplane in a pronounced and comfortable stall ... ?