PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Onya Dick Smith
Thread: Onya Dick Smith
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2015, 02:47
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick once said that talking to me over NAS was like trying to talk sense into his teenage daughter. However, no offence was taken. Dick has his beliefs and I have mine when it comes to 'airspace reform.'

That said, his philanthropy is legend and he is a 'great Australian' in my mind. This latest initiative deserves 'pushing up the board' and after initially reading the thread, and off for the daily shopping, I determined that I was going to get some DSF to help the cause. Nothing, nada, zip on the shelves at the local Coles, which was pretty disappointing.

Consequently, I'll make a direct contribution to a worthy cause. There's people out there doing it tough and I certainly don't mind spending a few bucks for the battlers in the bush that are doing it far harder than me.

Dick's also right in respect of cheap imports that we, collectively, buy in preference to the local product.

The DSF beetroot was the best and juiciest that I've ever tasted and it's gone - undercut by a few cents and that riles me. The burgers for our annual Boxing Day bbq, while watching the cricket, don't come close. We now have to put up with (no choice) imported crap.

Merry Christmas, Dick, to you and yours.

Last edited by Howabout; 22nd Dec 2015 at 03:21.