PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 21st Dec 2015, 18:32
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The second piece of information is to be put aside and not to be used at any time, until one dark and dirty night in ten years time, when something awful is happening and you're already disorientated...

Zebedie: spot on. What has been asked; and will someone please explain unequivocally for us non-AB guys, is what warnings does the AB, and other FBW a/c give you? In an old stick shaker a/c it can not be missed. It is audible & tactile. One hopes it would break through any level of panic you had and training would kick in. That, in part, is the philosophy of repetitive training. It can become an automatic response when all else fails. So, does the AB stall warning achieve this? Some spoke of a visual unmissable flashing red light. I wonder. We know that stress cancels out the ears first, and can be eyes 2nd. I'v seen guys in B737 sims fly around with the yellow MC attention getter burning holes in their foreheads for minutes endnote re-set it. They cancelled it out. Same for the flashing red A/T disconnect light. After 15 secs or so they filtered it out. I can imagine that, when is deep horrific WTF is happening scenario the audible "STALL STALL" is filtered out as you stir the pot. The visual flashing red light shortly afterwards, but would anyone mistake the muscle shuddering stick shaker? Would you really be able to filter out all there training and keep pulling?
Do FBW, side sticks or yokes, have stick shakers?