PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA shopping around
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2015, 11:47
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Bartolini Air currently has three EASA approved examiners available for practical testing for the Commercial Pilot License (CPL) and Multi Engine Instrument Rating (ME/IR). The test can be completed under any EASA authority as long as the students holds a medical class 1 issued by the relevant state. Currently the test can be completed under the following authorities, the license will then be issued directly by that EASA member state:"

Which of the eleven listed EASA NAA's are the three stated examiners approved by? I know of few FE CPL's that are authorised by more than one EU NAA (they do exist though).

The media page shows three video clips which to a potential student probably look enticing, but are revealing from the perspective of a professional student looking for quality training: the use of recording equipment either mounted during a solo flight or handheld by an instructor during a training exercise; the storage of a chart and what appears to be a mobile phone between the coaming and windshield on the P1 side of the cockpit, and the lack of centreline discipline in both the dual and solo segments are probably what leads me to be described as 'old fashioned'.

Theoretical knowledge training provided in cooperation with BGS suggests a reputable organisation to me but caution should be exercised where any connection is implied between training quality and a former student successfully gaining employment with an airline. This is true of all schools.

Good Luck.