PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2015, 03:42
FlyingStone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that Wizz Air is not a dream job for anybody, but it's far from a really ****ty company.

Some facts from my side and you can take it however you like:

1. If you ask at the interview phase, they will tell you that roster is not fixed, but is published 14 days before the end of the month for the next month. For guys on 6/1/6/7 it usually stays very stable, +/- 1 day. Many times, especially in winter, first and last day are AVLB, so you can play with that if you like. Of course, commuting options depend on your base and your home residence.

2. Salary is not really the best, but you have to accept the fact that Wizz Air operates flights mostly from Eastern Europe, where ticket prices have to be lower than for easyJet's flight from London to France, since purchasing power is lower. But because purchasing power is lower, this is usually connected with lower living costs. Earn 3000€ in London and you are still below average salary, earn 3000€ in Craiova and it's a tiny bit different.

3. Salary comes most of the time ahead of due date. Try working for a company, when they will tell you 5 days after the due date (only when and because you asked) that salary will be late couple of days/months. Very funny when you have any loans, a mortgage, etc.

4. I got 6 roster changes in last 6 months (including 2 calls on day OFF, and some other minor changes). For me it's good enough, being to plan my life a month in advance on average.

5. You can take whatever fuel you like for whatever reason you like and nobody will say a word. You can de-ice when you want.

6. Wizz Air operates new fleet of reasonably well-maintained A320 aircraft to very safe and secure places mostly in EU with very small number of places outside of it (Middle East, Ukraine, Russia). If you don't appreciate this, you simply haven't seen a portion of this industry that operates ****ty aircraft into ****ty places.

I know it could be better, it could also be worse. It is what it is - if you like it good, if not then... It is very sad to see people complaining (not limited to Wizz Air) that company is ****, management is imcompetent, bean counters only care about profit margin, etc., but nobody quits. If you are unhappy and no changes are being done, just find some other place to work and enjoy the change of scenery. It's not really THAT difficult, but I guess it's still easier to complain on and on...