PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 20th Dec 2015, 22:00
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
First let me make clear that Alternate Law-Roll Direct is a specific type of Alternate Law where pitch is a C* law with reduced or no protections and roll is a direct law where aileron deflection is proportional to stick deflection.

As long as one knows he is dealing with Alternate Law and approaches with careful control inputs, I have no doubt that control is like any other aircraft.
machinbird, I'm sure you are right but boy are we or Airbus insisting on making things difficult or at the very least overly technical.....

Back in the day ( a long time back) I got a Physics degree with a handful of Fortran 4 thrown in. .......yet when I moved on to greater things and learnt to fly I never ever recall my QFI's mentioning C laws , algorithms and the like.....just that regardless of what you're in at high level it's an aircraft so be gentle with ( then again my basic was on jet provost and hawk with a suitable system of levers, etc). Now I thought the idea was that even on a bad day a 'bus or even 777/787 should not be any more difficult to handle than a 70's steam driven type. . Make it any more difficult than that and on a bad night you're going to loose people ...did I miss something,?