PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Random Security Check
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2015, 21:30
peuce

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Eddie...ETD selection(as it now stands) is a simple process...unencumbered by sinister plots, subjective profiling and all sorts of other conspiracy theory ideas.

The documents are clear....selection is to be "random and continuous".

That means...as soon as you finish testing a person, you must select the next person to walk past....whether they be male, female, black, white, or brindle, catholic, Muslim or calathumpian. That's what makes it random. I finish one person, I turn around, and there's my next target. Easy, peasey.

Having said that, as in all walks of life, I'm sure human nature sometimes intervenes and a bending of these rules might occur....just like a pilot might "slightly" bust a minimum...or "slightly" bust last light. That's life and it's never going to change.

As for those proponents of profiling, as opposed to random...can you just imagine the logistics and issues involved in putting that in place at the security screening point?

P.S. Don't feel sorry for me. It's a great job...most of the time. Especially so on days like one last week when you see what was prevented from being taken on an airliner.

Last edited by peuce; 20th Dec 2015 at 21:46.