PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 787 recruitment for cadetship
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2015, 20:55
Australopithecus

Received 81 Likes on 37 Posts
I wonder...

Expect a lot of churn in 330 training to underpin the migration to the 787 that will occur sometime around November 2016*.So there may be some internal shuffling starting a few months prior...perhaps as early as June-July. That process should trim any remaining surplus on the 737 and A380.

I think 787 S/O training courses might start 11-13 months from now, depending on sim schedules and projected delivery dates. Qantas could of course get the other ranks all done first and only take on S/Os later in 2016. (On edit: that should have been "later in 2017")

My colleagues all have horror stories about the chaotic nature of the recruiting process in boom years, so candidates probably should not have high expectations about something the airline has forgotten how to do.

I would be really surprised if cadetships are in the cards...surely there is a deep pool of experienced applicants with jet or turbo-prop time who can see the age demographics at Qantas and do maths?

* the 787 is senior to the 330, hence most 787 Capt and F/O slots will be from current 330 pilots. The first guess I heard was around 75%.

Last edited by Australopithecus; 22nd Dec 2015 at 01:05.