PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2015, 16:48
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you two have a very strange outlook/moral compass. So you're basically applauding each other for introducing the notion that its okay for the company to treat their employees like slaves with no respect because their employees leave at the drop of a hat? Don't you recognise an example of cause and effect in action here? It's precisely because Wizz are so lousy as an employer that they engender absolutely no loyalty amongst their employees.

An individual employee is not necessarily obligated to be loyal, he is just a cog in the system. As long as he fulfils all his contractual obligations and goes about his job in the right way then quite frankly it is job done. It's very advantageous to the company that he is loyal however. Therefore the onus is on the company to provide an acceptable and flourishing working environment. That way they engender a happy working environment and will have their employees "going the extra mile", actually staying longer than 18 months (which I believe is the F/O average) and recommending the company to their peers, it's win win. Wizz don't really get this.

Just as an example I've had compassionate leave denied me at Wizz Air and been dealt with in an absolutely heartless way by a complete cretin of a manager with zero social (or flying) skills. I've also had to fight with crewing to get my entitlement to an extra sector pay for working into a day off (off duty exactly at midnight) because, believe it or not, they actually tried to claim to me with a straight face that midnight (00:00) was still part of the previous day!! When I correctly called them out on such idiocy they then tried to claim that it was a problem with AIMS that it didn't recognise midnight as being a new day!! The sheer brazenness of it is unbelievable and all just to try and deny you a trifling €30! So they try to screw you all the time and don't realise just how unproductive that kind of strategy is in dealing with human beings. Penny wise pound foolish.

Just a point and I've made this before and then deleted it because I feared that it may come across as arrogant. Well to be honest I don't really care in this context. In my case, I am way better than that airline thanks, the fact that I have been successful in four out of four airline selections (two of them with an overall success rate amongst applicants of less than 5% and receiving thousands of applications). That speaks volumes about my level of candidacy and ability I would suggest. Oh and I'll leave it with this, the airlines that I have left have been for various reasons; voluntary redundancy, career progression etc. Not for a moment would I speak ill of any of them apart from Wizz. I think you two need to go and experience a proper airline. I promise you this, you'd be astonished at the differences.

Last edited by RexBanner; 20th Dec 2015 at 17:48.