PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2015, 11:11
dirk85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Captain I knew, was 6 months of sick, on a Local contract, and Wizz weasel d themselves out of paying him anything.

After 6 months out sick/ill he returned, re-trained, and left after 1 month back on the line.

I repeat he was on a LOCAL contract.
That is the law in those country.

Also where I live (western country with a strong pro-employee labour law), after 6 month the sickness payment is mostly on the social security system, not on the employer anymore. If the SS in Bulgaria or Serbia sucks, is it Wizz fault? Really?
Do you really expect an employer to do more than what the local law is requiring? What planet are you writing from exactly?
What are we talking about?

Confair pilots has nobody but themselves to blame. They want the extra cash?
They run the risk to have no social security. Easy as that.

Personally I am on a local contract, pay social security where I am based, taxes in Switzerland, and the remainder of income taxes in my country of residence, until the moment I decide to maintain have the residence back home.
This is the law in my place, but in most of the european countries they are fine if you pay income taxes only where the company has the official hq, in this case Geneva.

Should I decide to move officially to my base, I will have to pay only Swiss tax, since the base country is fine with that.

This is not rocket science, really.

I also note a huge level of hypocrisy from the people who criticize the company so bad, but happily work for them long enough to build those hours, 1000/2000, or the LH seat in order to be able to go elsewhere.
They knew what they were doing since the beginning, claiming otherwise is pure bs.
Company uses them, and they use the company back. That is fine, but then have the decency to shut the f*** up at least, because you are in no way better than the company you are criticizing so harshly now.