PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2015, 09:29
TheRednosedReindeer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About the money, everyone has to figure out for himself if it's worthwhile or not.

But please bear in mind also, that this is a type of operation where fatigue builds up almost inevitably on most trips. It's not flying A to B, Min.rest at hotel, and back B - A, followed by 3 days off (some 10% of the trips are like that). It's usually A - B - C - D - A, maybe one stop more, maybe one less. Hardly ever a chance to adjust to a timezone, time of the day for a duty is completely random and can change significantly on very short notice.

Afterwards, you therefore NEED adequate time OFF to recover. Under the old conditions, that works out just about. IMHO, it is already very unhealthy, but ok, we get good money in return.

Unfortunately, our CEO (tirelessly stressing that he's a pilot himself!) still seems to think this is as easy or better as flying 500km in a glider in Namibia.

With the new conditions, I personally don't think the rest time provided is sufficient anymore to recover properly during time off.
It also turns the job from "tough on your family" into a rapid-divorce-deal.

Find out for yourself, if you in your individual situation will be able to hold out 4 years until at least the Rest day before Off is yours. To me, it looks like an exciting deal for people want a "livin'-for-a-workin'".

(I would also not count too much on part-time, although they are currently promising the moon about it - it'll go by seniority, and it's blocked for the first 4 years with the company)