PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignation Tips
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2015, 07:39
Toledo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info FuelFlow.

So, they pay you your monthly basic salary / 30 per day of leave (or your annual basic salary / 365)? That is nowhere near enough compensation for leave which they have denied.

We do not work 30 days per month or 365 days per year. We are required to have 24 days off in any consecutive 84 days. That equates to 2 days a week or 104 days per year. Our contractual leave is 42 days or 6 weeks, so that would remove another 30 working days. That leaves 231 days per year on which we are available to work. So the absolute minimum rate at which you should be compensated for denied leave should be annual basic / 231. Anything less is a complete rip off.

However, when you take leave during employment you receive more than just basic pay. The Employee Regs Manual states that "Payment during annual leave is credited at gross monthly salary i.e. basic pay plus all allowances." The biggest allowance is housing allowance. When you take leave you are paid basic plus housing (whether you take the allowance or not) plus education. Why would you settle for significantly less when you resign?

For these reasons, I will be taking all of my leave on resignation.