PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Random Security Check
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2015, 23:17
peuce

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Kelly....can't answer that one as men test women and women test men all day(literally and metaphorically)...mainly without hiccups.

However, I must say, I'm always a bit uncomfortable testing women (as an Airport Screener)...as it doesn't quite sit right. Especially sometimes when there's bugger all clothing to swab. I know it must be done and I know there's no practical alternative, and I try to do it professionally...but I just don't care for it. But I suppose there are some that do.

Cubbie...I can't speak for Perth, but at our port, we ETD upwards of 50% of passengers. So the chances of regular passengers getting ETD'd are quite high. I suppose someone good at stats could do the sums.

And...if you're one of the type that sit in the bar/club till the last minute....your chances get pretty bloody high...as there's no one to hide behind. Had to laugh at a guy who had to be paged over the pa as his flight was closing. Eventually turned up at security and ETD'd....."I always get picked". Smile nicely and knowingly to passenger. Under breath..."Well, if you're the only person there, of course you're going to be picked...idiot !"

Back to topic for a moment. If those guys picked Ms Bishop for a lark....they gets what they deserves.