PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bergdahl To Be Tried For Desertion In The Face Of The Enemy
Old 18th Dec 2015, 13:53
GlobalNav

Received 151 Likes on 53 Posts
Hopefully the court martial will truly lay out the facts, as well as they can be known.

What the accused is guilty of, I am not sure. Hard to imagine that leaving his post was not contrary to his orders. It was certainly contrary to his duty. What was his motivation? Fear? Some form of insanity? To give comfort to the enemy? I don't know and not sure what press accounts to believe, if any. So hopefully a properly established court will justly determine whether and what crimes he committed.

He did, by his actions, endanger his fellow troops when we naturally tried to retrieve him. He did create an extremely difficult situation for his leadership, including the Commander in Chief. His actions certainly did not reflect credit upon himself, his service or his country. As a soldier he is responsible for his actions, unless for some reason he could no longer make responsible choices.

Again, I hope that the facts will be revealed and that he will be dealt with justly.