PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I have 1 year before starting my Flight Training.
Old 18th Dec 2015, 05:14
CraviatorMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have 1 year before starting my Flight Training.

Hello all! There are many things in this thread that I want to cover because I'm downright scared, I will admit. I've been caught in the Av bug and I have aspirations to become a commercial pilot. I've researched many routes on how to go about doing this, and I've learned a lot along the way. I know that you progress from RPL, to PPL, to CPL, to the MECIR's, NVFR's, type ratings and ATPLS. I'm currently 17 years old and I have applied to join Basair once I finish school. I've received my ARN and I will complete my medical at the end of 2016, then will apply for my ASIC. (Course starts in 2017).

During this time I really want to familarize myself with what is to come, because I'm afraid of theory examinations. I haven't done Mathematics or Physics in school, so I understand this may be a little tough. I have 1 year to get my **** together. I've gone far ahead and researched the ATPL examinations, reading that syllabus scared the hell out of me. There's so much information you need to know within a short period of time.

My first challenge will be the RPL. How would I go about learning this syllabus and familiarzing myself with the theory component of the course? I understand that they will teach me in the course once I start, but I'm determined to be ahead so I won't fall behind. I've slacked off in high school and I am very motivated to become a Pilot, I know that the flying school is the route to my career, and that I have to overcome my laziness and to be proficient.

What do you guys recommend for study techniques, what I should do before the course, what I should be doing now? I'm very eager to learn from you guys. Thank you!