PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC checks coming to an airport near you
Old 17th Dec 2015, 07:49
Compylot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Story time!

I love Story Time!

Anyway. This one day I was at this airport, you know swanning around as one does, when this airport 'official' accosted me on the tarmac.

He pointed to my chest and mumbled something.

I looked at him in surprise and said "Excuse me my Dear Chap, I don't quite understand your language. As an educated fellow I am used to effective and concise communication, in fact it is a cornerstone of my profession, so if you would like to try again please use plain English!"

Once again he thrust his dirty thick finger in my direction but this time through his ramblings I caught the word "ASIC".

Rolling my eyes I proceeded once again to lecture him on the proper use of grammar and that 'Yes indeed, I was a professional crew member lawfully permitted to access the sterile area of a Federally controlled airport'.. when I happened to glance down.

Low and behold!

Silly me, my ASIC had actually flipped on the lanyard and was facing inwards so the red side was not showing! So while he could see the large AIRBUS lettering he couldn't see my identification!

"My dear chap!" I exclaimed!

Apologizing profusely I flicked my ASIC card around and to his delight he could see that it was in fact an original, he turned on his heels and was on his way.

I skipped off myself, delighting in the marvelous conditions and looking forward to the aviation ahead, singing to myself and feeling very lucky to be alive!