PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2015, 23:50
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
Someone at the highest level !

There is someone already in the RAF system who could advise on this from a 'hands on' viewpoint.
The problem is the people at the top do not know anything about what is a reasonable response to the problem because they are advised by those who know even less.
Whilst i accept that there has to be a satisfactory 'trail' system in place when operating equipment used by 'minors' i do not accept that the fleet was in any more danger from an actual safety point of view than it had been in the past.
The lack of 'incidents' and reports from the users seems to indicate that what was needed was a rapid 'deep' inspection to satisfy any unknown faults in the fleet. As the vast majority of the flying is dual with instructors then the risk factor was very low and the actual response to the problem not well founded.
The whole point of having a 'management' structure in any organisation is to MANAGE the situation not to shut it down (Which is a complete FAILURE)
The ongoing timescale of the what has became an eye opener in how the RAF/MOD deal with 'situations' does little to give one any confidence that ANYONE at a senior level in the system actually knows anything about how it works or how it should work.
Anyway as there are no votes in any of this do not expect any great changes where needed as i do not think we have any VGS staffers who are also MP's.
There used to be(may still be) an 'Air Rank' who headed up the RAF GSA perhaps he should be 'parachuted in' as an adviser together with some of his 'members' at the coal face to give an expert input into this sad affair.