PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th Dec 2015, 17:50
sluggums

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BigG, I laughed so hard I fired tea out of my nose when I read KCW's last post. Did a look back, he was flying a DA2000 from SFO a year or so ago, got lots of experience over here then...

"The bad attitudes must stop"!!! Seriously dude, what planet are you on. It's that 'attitude' that's got the company where it is today. The management don't even consider us as lumps of meat. To them, we're nothing more than robots, devoid of any needs other than to lay down our lives for this company. IT'S A SYMBIOTIC RELATIONSHIP, not a 'keep pushing them regardless' relationship that works in corporations of this size and the sooner they realise this, the sooner we will stop telling people on the outside exactly how it is. Or maybe we will start posting about how good it is...

Pride, you say. The management have very effectively taken away any pride that most of the pilots who've been here more than a couple of years ever had. I'll tell you what's left when you take pride away, resentment, resignation and a lack of motivation.

You're fond of saying 'if you don't like it leave'... Oh that's a good attitude... Come to think of it, that's exactly what's happening now, and I suspect it'll only get worse this year. Be careful what you 'fondly' wish for.

You've been here, what, less than 2 years and all of a sudden you've got the problems solved.

Last edited by sluggums; 16th Dec 2015 at 18:01. Reason: Realised Mr. Big was a newbie.