PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR.......WHY SO FAST!! (Seemingly)
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2003, 05:54
PPRuNe Radar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viking

I'll throw my hat in the ring and pledge that SWA are not unsafe either.

Unsafe airlines are characterised by trends, and in trend terms both Ryanair and SWA's safety records are up with the best.

I guess I was just trying to highlight that even if you think you are the best then a series of circumstances or unsafe actions by individuals (which you can't legislate for) can soon bring it all crashing down around you.

And yes, even Ryanair have safety incidents which get reported and investigated. And show that they and their crews are not immune to doing things wrong.

The important thing is that the management recognise that such things happen and take as much action as possible to mitigate against it. Be it through SOPs, company culture, or whatever.

I have faith that both SWA and Ryanair do take safety seriously. However I don't think that they are in any way in a cast iron position to not have an accident in the future. I would rate it as remote, but not impossible as some of the more staunch supporters of the airline would have us believe.

Safety is NO accident.

Long may both airlines prosper. They give the public a service niche which they want, and employ a lot of people in this industry of ours.

PS I still think as a person that MOL is a and wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire