PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2015, 07:45
ATNotts

Received 292 Likes on 163 Posts
I'm surprised there is still no flight to Paris at all. BD flew the route for so long and then BE seemed to fail with it. And yet capacity is going in at Luton in the form of Transavia. Is there really no demand at EMA?
With business routes, frequency, and hence flexibility is everything, so whilst the must be significant demand for service to Paris, it probably isn't there to the extent that 2 of 3 daily departures could be sustained.

I'm really surprised that Transavia has chosen to serve Luton, as Eurostar is really the only sensible way to access Paris (and for that matter Brussels) from the Southeast.

Maybe because 60km down the road there are 6 daily departures on Skyteam with global connections??? Too many airports in the UK?
I think without doubt there are too many airports in UK - the only way they are all going to prosper is to find niches in which they can make money. In the case of EMA that niche is undoubtedly cargo. I wonder how much profit the airport actually makes per passenger out of Ryanair?