PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Climate Change?
Thread: Climate Change?
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2015, 04:08
pigboat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not too worried. 10,000 years ago CYZV was covered by 5000 feet of ice. In the 1970's the same gang who's now preaching Climate Change were calling it Global Cooling, and by the year 2000 we were all supposed to have frozen to death in the dark, because we'd reached peak oil and what little was left would be going for 200 bucks a barrel. When that proved to be bs, they changes the tune to Global Warming with everyone frying by 2020. Global Warming has been proven to be a bust so now it's Climate Change, like the climate hasn't changed in 4 billion years.

In 1987 I walked into the woods - on December 17th - wearing a pair of Hush Puppies and cut a Christmas ...errr...Festive Tree. By the 25th we had a foot of snow.

Just in case anyone's wondering what the recently signed Climate Change agreement is going to set you back take a peek at this, and that's just for electricity. (My bold)

The experience of Ontario, as underscored by the very timely report of its auditor general — released as the great Throng was chewing over these very questions — had to have been an inspiration and a comfort. For Ontario provides, as it were, a case-study of what happens to reason and policy when a government truly gives itself over to the new Meditations. Ontario as all the world knows went Green with fervour, with former premier Dalton McGuinty and his successor, Premier Kathleen Wynne, fancying themselves something of the Copernicus and Tycho Brahe of the New Green Learning. And was it not learned from the auditor general that their great dive into a solar and wind powered future has cost the innocent citizens of Ontario a mere $37 billion more than it should have, which could give rise to another, extra $133 billion by 2032?

If one wishes to learn the true value of what a commitment to the New Learning actually involved, then Ontario is both laboratory and experiment. By what fraction of a degree did the world’s temperature actually lower itself — was it 0.01 per cent, 0.001 per cent or any fractional mite in between? — for that $37 billion?