PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2015, 14:01
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transavia France will increase Paris ORY form 1 to 2 daily next summer, media suggest from September but not confirmed if it will be earlier. Great to see it doing well and FR wanted to fly twice daily but couldn't get slots recently.
Have a feeling a June start is likely as my mate in Dublin going to the Euro's in France and he already saying 50,000 expected to travel from Ireland.
7 to 12 weekly from 14 April

MON-FRI
DUB departures at 07.55 and 19.55
ORY departures at 06.20 and 18.20

SAT
DUB departure at 07.55
ORY departure at 06.20

SUN
DUB departure at 19.55
ORY departure at 18.20

It's also narrow and too close to the bravo taxiways, so full 180 degree rapid exit taxiways couldn't be built.

A double deck airbridge is going in and the apron is being strengthened on the west side of T2 isn't it? Certainly points to imminent 380 ops. That'll be fun.

They'll hit the 25m pax figure needed to go ahead with the parallel runway this month. The original planning permission is still valid for another 2 years, IIRC that was for 3,110 meters? The latest plans I've seen are for 3,600 meters, I think there's a big debate going on ATM as to whether to bother with the longer plan as they would have to go through the whole planning application again and deal with all those narky residents and their legal objections. Also I seem to recall one of the stipulations in the original granting of permission was that the new runway couldn't be used before 8am? IE peak period 6-8 it would be closed. That really will need to change
Apron work was scheduled anyway but would expect it would of needed to be in place to facilitate A380 though.

It was 23.00-07.00 closure and a capped number of arrivals between those hours on existing runway which may at this stage be exceeded. I can't see anything other than a new application at some stage next year.

The runway overlay was completed in 2010/11 and has a lifespan of 6 to 8 years. So a 'hole' (define) appeared 19 days ahead of schedule so not exactly unexpected. Any one care to guess when the next one is due?
The overlay is 2010/11 was not a full overlay, it was just a thin porous friction course to improve friction quality and extend life by 6 years. Some work further down was carried out but more problems since then.

During 2016/2017 a full structural bituminous overlay, nominally 200 mm thick with a new TPFC wearing surface. They predicted increased maintenance costs in 2015/2016 as TPFC comes to life end. When this work is done it's expected to last 15 years at a cost of 22 million.

Is it true they're going to allow an A380 service next year to rough it up even further?
There has never been a firm date.