PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2015, 10:56
Una Due Tfc

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ayroplain
So, wrong foundations, wrong orientation for prevailing winds and at least 1,500ft short. Good job.

Is it true they're going to allow an A380 service next year to rough it up even further?
It's also narrow and too close to the bravo taxiways, so full 180 degree rapid exit taxiways couldn't be built.

A double deck airbridge is going in and the apron is being strengthened on the west side of T2 isn't it? Certainly points to imminent 380 ops. That'll be fun.

They'll hit the 25m pax figure needed to go ahead with the parallel runway this month. The original planning permission is still valid for another 2 years, IIRC that was for 3,110 meters? The latest plans I've seen are for 3,600 meters, I think there's a big debate going on ATM as to whether to bother with the longer plan as they would have to go through the whole planning application again and deal with all those narky residents and their legal objections. Also I seem to recall one of the stipulations in the original granting of permission was that the new runway couldn't be used before 8am? IE peak period 6-8 it would be closed. That really will need to change