PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2015, 06:20
Skipping Classes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I can't say that I hated every minute in Wizz, I actually enjoyed quite a lot, after many years of balancing between how much abuse I can put up with for the sake of flying out of home and enjoying the easy routes and plenty of free time, I just realized things are not going to change.

The top management run the slavery because they know there is no better options for pilots in Hungary and Poland who have their houses built close to the airport and do not wish to leave their families. The top management know they got them by the balls.

Not so lucky in Romania, cause Romanian pilots dont really like living in Romania leave the company as soon as they get a better chance.

The sad fact that the middle management (chief pilot and fleet captains and training department) are extremely inexperienced and as the consequence entirely incompetent doing just everything exactly like the boss says, and scared ****less to loose their rather well paid jobs.

And really, its just ridiculous how incompetent those guys are, having no clue or experience whatsoever how to manage other people.

Result? Your lifestyle, salary, roster, base assignment etc are at mercy of complete idiots.

Consequence? It all goes well until something goes wrong.

Booze, I was singing the same tune as you do now, unfortunately only some years later I understood what those moaners and bitchers really meant, and I wished I listened.

Until one day I was called to the office to sign a new contract with inferior conditions or to be removed from flying until I do.

Reasoning? Because all the other pilots signed already!

Also, only after leaving the company and joining the real airline (Wizz was my first company, like it is for many others) I understood what a mickey-mouse establishment Wizz Air is and all those ridiculous things that I had to put up with had nothing to do with a professional airline.

Get in, get your upgrade and hours, get an eastern european girlfriend or two and get out!

And yes, though joining Wizz at that time was the best option for me and I have enjoyed my time there, I dont see any reason why I should not tell my honest opinion and experience with this company.

I can only second once again the statements of Syntax, and the other lad. EVERY non-management pilot in the company is looking for another job. And its been like this for at least 8 years.