PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC wings Qatar MPL
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2015, 04:35
striker26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea for BBVA it's a great business venture. ...here in Canada the fleets of our major airlines Air Canada, Westjet, Air Transat, Sunwing and Porter are relatively small compared to the States, UK and ME. Here the pipeline is pretty smooth - 60k cdn will get you to 200 hrs with instructor rating, do that for a bit and get on a small regional operator usually operating dash's, king air's and beechcrafts. From then you can write your frozen atpl at 750 hrs and hope at this point your flying multi engine. Most regionals actually won't even bother with you below 500 so you may be an instructor for a while. Around 1500 you'll be able to apply to westjet, jazz and porters q400s ...so all in all it takes approx 5+ years to even get a taste of a q400... airbus or embraer if you're lucky. ...

Here you'll get to the majors eventually but honestly having lived here my entire life. ..inflation has really taken over. ...the jobs just don't pay well enough like in the UK or ME majors after tax to save anything..I'm not saying other countries are heaven...but my family bsckground is from the ME so qatar wouldve been nice because idm going there at all.

One of my good friends is a Westjet 737 FO going on Capt soon he advised me its a slow process but Canada is in no hurry to endorse accelerated cadet programs......Air Georgian tried that a few years ago...shut down the program after one year lol...too many applicants for so little positions.

I have seen airlines open up live resume profiles where you can update your logbook and when you have the hours they'll give you a shout....Porter started this...young pilot program but you're basically sharing your logbook with them until you get close to 1500hrs...more of a HR tactic lol

For me i don't want to wait 10+years to fly a 777...im not saying i will but potential here is weak. Think about it this way. ..our only long haul operator aside from a few vacation airlines is AC...they've invested in 787 abd 777 but the same pilot told me the pipeline is very small upgrades are slow and pay is only good enough not great. We only have 35 million people here...that's the same population as a few States....our busiest airport Pearson, has a combined inbound outbound flights per day at around 1000 flights. ...peanuts compared to lhr jfk or dxb

Sorry fot my long post and I'm way off topic for this thread but i know it'll help ppl out there. .

And honestly to all those who applied best of luck to you guys ...we'll keep trying maybe there's a way. ..never give up!