PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow T4 a/c congestion
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2003, 02:19
Gonzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can only agree with you, P7.

Shambles.

27L for landing means we can only cross a/c at one point. If the Blk 85 crossing isn't open by this Thursday, then we will de-alternate. Of course, with T4 over-capacity already since all those Gatwick services moved over post 9-11, since we've lost blk 85 of course BA haven't allowed any more time in their schedules to alow for the greatly increased towing time from No.1 or Bealine Base to T4, oh no! Rumour has it that recently an Amsterdam sevice was actually cancelled because the a/c being towed to T4 just couldn't get there in time, and this is why we are now to 'remote hold' towers as well as outbound a/c.

Of course, that leads on to another point. Remote holders......we get a pat on the back from unit management the more remote holders we have. But the more slot delays there are, the more remote holders. So all we have to do to look good is delay a/c!!!!!!!!

I had a very interesting session of GMC2 the other day from 1430-1530. Of course, just my luck that the last six a/c landing on 27R before we alternated were T4 a/c. Carnage. At one stage I had eleven a/c waiting to cross at 86.

Of course, had to bandbox shortly after that..............

Gonzo.