PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I failed my RPL?
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2015, 13:41
DeflectedAileron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I failed my RPL?

What can and should I do? I don't want to give up.

A bit of background information: I'm studying aviation at UniSA. I currently have a GPA of 5.42/7 (which I know I have to lift up my gains) for the theory. I have just recently started flying with a reputable flying school. At first, I did really well. However, soon, I decided to discard the flying aside and concentrate on the theory, as the exams were near. As a consequence, I did not fly the recommended 2-3 times a week and flew only once every 2 weeks. This had hurt my flying ability significantly. By the time my instructor tried helping me correct those abilities I have developed and shortly lost, I could no longer go for the flight test. You see, after 7 lessons, I was supposed to have a consolidation lesson before moving onto circuits. However, due to flying far between, I had not developed those skills effectively to move onto the stalling lessons. Therefore, once I moved onto the consolidation, I cannot be assessed as I was not taught how to recover and enter a stall. After my instructor left and I had a new instructor (that was significantly better), I improved a lot and impressed myself as well as him. However, after correcting and fine-tuning the techniques required for circuits, I was already on the 14th lesson where there should be an assessment on the 15th. However, since I was not taught to do circuits, guess what? I cannot be assessed and the final assessment to-from the training area as well as circuits cannot be done! I feel horrible and incredibly stupid, but I take the blame for myself since I've neglected the flying when I shouldn't have so few flights far between.

What can and should I do now? I know that my chances of getting into a cadetship is slim to none. Should I repeat, try my hardest since I've learned my lesson this time (and NEVER fail again) and fly under 150 hours before applying for a cadetship (along with improving my GPA).