PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2015, 10:52
Northern Highflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don’t understand the animosity directed towards Jet2 that perpetuates throughout this thread from time to time. I recently had an assessment with them and was made to feel welcome from the minute I walked in to the minute I left. The guys running the day were friendly, helpful and put you at ease, with no nasty surprises. As far as assessments go, the day was even quite enjoyable.

They give opportunities to people from a wide range of backgrounds and experience and haven’t blindly followed others down the CTC route. For us more mature candidates, that’s a refreshing and welcome change from the norm. Maybe this is different for experienced / type rated folks ?

The company is profitable, expanding, and self-financing, and it offers a good lifestyle for those who want to be in the regions and home every night.

I didn’t get through the selection, but when the rejection came, it was by way of a personal phone call with feedback, not just a “thanks but no thanks” email. Once again, a refreshing and welcome change compared to other airlines I’ve had dealings with.

No airline is perfect, and the T’s & C’s could be better, but my experience of them has always been positive. I’ll prepare for the incoming on my lack of experience / knowledge / etc.