PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transitioning class bravo airspace from Paradise VOR to Van Nuys VOR on v186
Old 13th Dec 2015, 22:07
westhawk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel like I'm damned either way! Haha, any thoughts?
True! But there are other efficient options available that don't rely upon Victor airways or unnecessarily long and circuitous routing. You might wish to discuss these options with your instructor. I certainly don't wish to give any more than just general advice out to the student of another instructor over the internet!

Hint: Develop several routing options. Then look at each one to find what's good and bad about it. Examine each for advantages versus disadvantages. Eliminate options with unsolvable problems or unacceptable safety threats. Now rank the remaining options in order of safety and efficiency. Pick the most suitable plan. Discuss your planning process with your instructor.

Passing checkrides is all about knowing what to do and remaining calm enough to access what you know so that you do it well. The planning and oral examination phases of the check work the same way.

Best of success on your ride!

And do tell how it goes please?

westhawk