PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 13th Dec 2015, 13:59
_Phoenix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are flying in the Newton world, and are able to be aware quickly of simple situations with KISS design, maintenance, teaching, training
I subscribe to this.
Moreover, regarding KISS design, in my previous posts my intention is to show the necessity to clearly distinguish between overspeed vs stall, at high altitude, then the importance of having the AOA indicator or the bird (FPV) on PFD.
Another point is to clearly identify who does what, PIC, SIC or automation.
A more philosophical issue is the complexity of LAWs, especially the Alternate in combination with incipient stall condition when g is below 1.0 then a pitch input close to neural, i.e. 0.9g to 1.1g > 0.5g, for computers that is a Pull Up command that will bring THS at max NU. I think a simpler design would imply two laws Normal(all protections) and Direct(conventional), similar to Bombardier philosophy. All these changes should not imply a huge amount of money and it can be done quietly just by a simple software update, by bring the bird on PFD and revise the FCOM