PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hijacked MAS flight MH 653 on 4th December 1977
Old 12th Dec 2015, 23:37
bakutteh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE]mgahan

Unhappy SAD MEMORIES INDEED
I just saw this thread and it brings sad memories for me.

I was one of the last controllers to speak with the aircraft on that fateful night after departure from Penang. As the Butterworth Approach controller I took the transfer from Penang tower and then handed it to Lumpur Control abeam Ipoh. As it was the last aircraft for the night I closed watch and headed home.

With distress next day I read the morning papers with the terrible news.

Sad memories indeed and I join with others in offering condolences to the families. I am now able to put a name and some background to a familiar voice from my first working period in Malaysia.

MJG/QUOTE]

Welcome to this thread. Thank you very much for your contribution here.

It is already 38 years. I am glad that every now and then, we have veterans who have connections to this tragic flight come out and enlighten us about their roles somewhere in that tragic flight.

If only the investigators involved as well as those really in the know would be more forth coming. Most of them should be on the final legs of their earthly journey; they should make peace with themselves and come out with the real truth and give everyone closure.